Thursday, September 15, 2011

more blah blah

Well, at this point I feel like I am just talking to no-one since no-one has subscribed to my blog. Nikki is online now though after I had to yell at her for not being a subscriber or supporter of her husbands school assignments. Meh, its more to just get points. After this class I will gladly delete all of these stupid rambling posts and maybe just do posts that are important or pertinent to my actual life. That being said I have 10 more minutes that I have to write so lets make these good! Lets talk about Anatomy. I am of course currently enrolled in an Anatomy class at BYU and for the most part it is pretty reasonably hard. The most challenging thing about this class is that none of the words are English. This makes sense because as most of you can note, medicine and anatomy is a global thing and even as ethnocentric as I sometimes am it would be nice to not make everyone learn English. So the words are Latin...or Greek with some terms. I wonder how it is learning these terms from a non Latin-based language such as Chinese or Russian? I guess things can always be worse. Anyway, yeah it is almost all memorization with a bit of function but mostly all just jargon you have to get into your cranium. Thus far I have memorized around 3 hundred terms and they are starting to become mixed up in my head so hopefully I can sort them out for the midterm. We started with the axial (axis part) of the skeleton and we have now moved through the appendicular skeleton and the upper body muscles which are super easy because most everyone and their mother knows the muscles of the upper body. That is, everyone that works out with their mothers. Anyway, I am basically just rambling now so I am going to go do something productive. Have a great day.........no one. :(

1 comment:

  1. yeah, my mother knows upper muscles like you wouldn't believe! I'm mostly just trash talking, though.

    ReplyDelete