Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Kittens

OK, so up until now I have posted pretty negative rhetoric and I wanted to post something positive so one does not think that I am a chronic complainer. Truth be told, I am much more of a binge complainer and can be found most of the time purging myself of all negativity in the zen gardens of Tibet. So today I want to talk about kittens. I have often wondered about them and if you ask Nikki she would tell you that I have a general curiosity towards what I call "little baby kittens". Before you say, "but 'baby kittens' is a redundant statement" I implore you to consider to whom you are talking to. Like I said earlier, I know about as much about the things as I do about tribal flutes in Africa. I suppose that it may be more correct to call them kittens but I am still not abandoning "little". See, that's just descriptive. Clearly from the little I do know about these buggers there are small ones (little) and there are big ones. I digress, lets go back to what we were talking about; kittens. I often find myself asking these three questions: What are they? Why are they here? Where are they going? Why are they so incredibly likable? Yes, lets explore the last question. Have you ever just sat and pondered this question? Why are humans so less attracted to fully grown animals as opposed to babies? Before you say, "because they are cute", I will ask you to consider how non scientific this notion is and avoid circular logic. They are not cute because they are cute; that's stupid! Is it perhaps that they, like our young, are so helpless and dependant that our motherly hormones kick in and we become attracted to them so as to invest time in their care? Join us tomorrow for our follow up...

No comments:

Post a Comment